Suffolk Fire Ride 2016
The Suffolk Fire Ride is an annual event supported by Suffolk Fire & Rescue Service and organised by Suffolk Fire personnel who love to share in this sport that continues to grow in popularity every year.
The aim each year is to provide a great, friendly and affordable day out, cycling in the stunning and varied countryside that Suffolk offers. As a rural Brigade, Suffolk is lucky that it can choose from 35 Stations to provide great venues for this event. This year we are delighted that Sudbury has put their station at the disposal of the Suffolk Fire Ride. If that isn’t enough, our routes also take us into the beautiful Essex countryside, where Halstead Fire Station, part of Essex Fire & Rescue, will be welcoming all the riders to take a break and enjoy some refreshments.
Hosted by Sudbury Fire Station, Suffolk on Sunday 26th June 2016, the event offers three distances of 30, 60 and 100 miles.
Starting at Sudbury Fire Station, Gregory Street, Sudbury, Suffolk CO10 1AZ the Suffolk Fire Ride is a friendly cycle sportive suitable for all levels of riders.
Join us and enjoy some spectacular Suffolk/Essex scenery and good grub on your return to the Fire Station.
Date: Sunday 26th June 2016
Venue: Sudbury Fire Station, Gregory Street, Sudbury, Suffolk CO10 1AZ
Time: 8am, Registration opens 7.15am
Distances: 30 miles, 60 miles and 100 miles
The entry fee for any distance is £15, all of which goes to the Fire Fighters Charity.
1. All participants enter this event entirely at their own risk. Suffolk Fire & Rescue Service and The Fire Fighters Charity shall not be liable for any injury or loss that might occur as a result of their participation.
2. Any participant unsure of their physical ability to take part in this event must take medical advice from a general practitioner prior to the event.
3. All participants understand that this is not a race and agree to abide by the rules of the Highway Code, and follow the advice, direction and instruction of the event organiser or event volunteers to ensure a safe and successful event.
4. All participants confirm that their bicycles are roadworthy, in good repair and suitable for use in the event.
5. All participants will wear a cycle helmet conforming to European Safety Standards.
6. All participants will register on arrival and on leaving any checkpoints.