Suffolk Fire Ride 2017
Beccles Fire Station and Suffolk Fire & Rescue Service invite you to take part in our annual cycle sportive, the Suffolk Fire Ride. Starting at Beccles, situated on the River Waveney along the Suffolk/Norfolk Border, we are pleased to announce that this year’s routes will be set amongst the lovely rural lanes and beautiful rolling countryside found in this area of Suffolk at the southern tip of the Broads. The routes (with the exception of the 15 mile distance) will head towards the coast allowing you take in the picturesque town and seafront in Southwold, before heading back inland through the villages to Beccles.
Hosted by Beccles Fire Station, but departing from Beccles Rugby Club Community Hub, the ride takes place on Sunday 2nd July 2017, and offers 4 distances to choose from – 15, 35, 65 and 100 miles.
The Suffolk Fire Ride is a friendly cycle sportive suitable for all levels of riders. We hope you will join us and enjoy some spectacular Suffolk scenery and good grub on your return to the start.
Date: Sunday 2nd July 2017
Venue: Beccles Rugby Club Community Hub, Common Lane, Beccles NR34 9RQ
Time: 8am, Registration opens 7.15am
Distances: 15, 35, 65 and 100 miles
Use postcode NR34 9RH for parking, see map here.
The entry fee for any distance is £15, all of which goes to the Fire Fighters Charity.
Registration is now open
1. All participants enter this event entirely at their own risk. Suffolk Fire & Rescue Service and The Fire Fighters Charity shall not be liable for any injury or loss that might occur as a result of their participation.
2. Any participant unsure of their physical ability to take part in this event must take medical advice from a general practitioner prior to the event.
3. All participants understand that this is not a race and agree to abide by the rules of the Highway Code, and follow the advice, direction and instruction of the event organiser or event volunteers to ensure a safe and successful event.
4. All participants confirm that their bicycles are roadworthy, in good repair and suitable for use in the event.
5. All participants will wear a cycle helmet conforming to European Safety Standards.
6. All participants will register on arrival and on leaving any checkpoints.