Suffolk Fire Ride 2018
Holbrook Fire Station and Suffolk Fire & Rescue Service invite you to take part in our annual cycle sportive, the Suffolk Fire Ride. Starting at Holbrook, we are pleased to announce that this year’s routes will be set amongst the lovely rural lanes and beautiful rolling countryside found in this area of Suffolk, alongside the Essex border.
Hosted by Holbrook Fire Station, the ride takes place on Sunday 17th June 2018, and offers 4 distances to choose from – 25, 40, 60 and 100 miles (a combination of the 60 and 40 mile routes). As this is Father’s Day we are planning to make this a morning for all the family to enjoy! Alton Water is on our doorstep with a circular 8 mile route for those who prefer to challenge themselves off road or who have younger children (maps will be available and medals are provided for children under 14).
The Suffolk Fire Ride is a friendly cycle sportive suitable for all levels of riders. We hope you will join us and enjoy some spectacular Suffolk scenery and good grub on your return to the start.
Date: Sunday 17th June 2018
Venue: Holbrook Fire Station, Ipswich Road, Holbrook IP9 2QR
Time: 8am, Registration opens 7.15am
Distances: 25, 40, 60 and 100 miles
Parking details will be posted shortly, see map here.
The entry fee for any distance is £15 (online registration charges apply). We guarantee that no less than £13 per entry goes to the Fire Fighters Charity.
Registration will open mid March 2018
1. All participants enter this event entirely at their own risk. Suffolk Fire & Rescue Service and The Fire Fighters Charity shall not be liable for any injury or loss that might occur as a result of their participation.
2. Any participant unsure of their physical ability to take part in this event must take medical advice from a general practitioner prior to the event.
3. All participants understand that this is not a race and agree to abide by the rules of the Highway Code, and follow the advice, direction and instruction of the event organiser or event volunteers to ensure a safe and successful event.
4. All participants confirm that their bicycles are roadworthy, in good repair and suitable for use in the event.
5. All participants will wear a cycle helmet conforming to European Safety Standards.
6. All participants will register on arrival and on leaving any checkpoints.