Suffolk Fire Ride 2019
Felixstowe Fire Station and Suffolk Fire & Rescue Service invite you to take part in our annual cycle sportive, the Suffolk Fire Ride. Starting at Felixstowe Fire Station, we are pleased to announce that this year’s routes will be set amongst the lovely rural lanes and beautiful rolling countryside found in this area of Suffolk.
Hosted by Felixstowe Fire Station, the ride takes place on Sunday 16th June 2019, and offers a choice of Two signed distances – 50KM and 100KM, Plus a family route. We are planning to make this a morning for all the family to enjoy! Felixstowe is a seaside town, with attractions for all the family, locals shops, New Pier and amusements. All participants will receive a limited edition 2019 Suffolk Fire Ride medal.
The Suffolk Fire Ride is a friendly cycle sportive suitable for all levels of riders. We hope you will join us and enjoy some spectacular Suffolk scenery and good grub on your return to the start.
Date: Sunday 16th June 2019
Venue: Felixstowe Fire Station, High Road West, Felixstowe IP11 9BB
Time: 8am, Registration opens 7.15am
Distances: 50KM, 100KM, Plus Family Route
Parking is available behind the station, see FAQ for further details.
The online entry fee for any distance is £20 (registration fees apply). We guarantee that no less than £17 per entry goes to the Fire Fighters Charity. On the day entry £30.
1. All participants enter this event entirely at their own risk. Suffolk Fire & Rescue Service and The Fire Fighters Charity shall not be liable for any injury or loss that might occur as a result of their participation.
2. Any participant unsure of their physical ability to take part in this event must take medical advice from a general practitioner prior to the event.
3. All participants understand that this is not a race and agree to abide by the rules of the Highway Code, and follow the advice, direction and instruction of the event organiser or event volunteers to ensure a safe and successful event.
4. All participants confirm that their bicycles are roadworthy, in good repair and suitable for use in the event.
5. All participants will wear a cycle helmet conforming to European Safety Standards.
6. All participants will register on arrival and on leaving any checkpoints.